Football players who have either physical symptoms or disease after injury may need to be treated with specific medicines that are on the list of prohibited substances. Therapeutic use exemption may be granted to such players, in accordance with strictly defined criteria—these are presented in this article. Procedures of how to request for an abbreviated or a standard therapeutic use exemption are explained, and data on therapeutic use exemptions (UEFA and FIFA, 2004 and 2005) are also presented.
- TUE, therapeutic use exemption, WADA, World Anti-Doping Agency
- WADC, World Anti-Doping Code
- therapeutic use exemption
- therapeutic use of prohibited substances
- abbreviated therapeutic use exemption
- standard therapeutic use exemption
Statistics from Altmetric.com
Competing interests: None declared
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.